Welcome to "DON'T PANIC", a Survival Horror Game in Second Life, Sponsored and Produced by Pulse Games, Pulse & Snatch City Sims, along with all our amazing Sponsors. Happy Halloween! Don't skip this part. It's VERY IMPORTANT to read this in order to play the game.
QUICK LIST OF INSTRUCTIONS & TIPS:
1. YOU ARE TAKING PART IN A GHOST HUNTING COMPETITION FOR THE PANIC CHANNEL. A NEW CABLE REALITY NETWORK THAT SPECIALIZES IN THE PARANORMAL. THE COMPETING TEAM, THE SPECTRE COLLECTORS, WITH THEIR CHARISMATIC LEADER, JACK HUNTER, ARE ALREADY INSIDE AND HAVE THEIR EQUITMENT SET UP. LILY YOUR PRODUCER/COORDINATOR WILL BE IN THE VAN OUTSIDE TO HELP YOU AND GIVE YOU THE HISTORY OF THE HOUSE AS YOU PLAY.
2. YOU MUST HAVE A MESH ENABLED VIEWER TO PLAY SUCH AS THE OFFICIAL LL VIEWER OR FIRESTORM.
3. YOU MUST WEAR THE HUD TO PLAY. IT WORKS AUTOMATICALLY. CLICKING THE "HELP" BUTTON WILL GIVE YOU A LINK TO THESE INSTRUCTIONS ON OUR WEBPAGE.
4. WE HAVE SET WINDLIGHT FOR OPTIMAL VIEWING BUT SL MIDNIGHT IS THE BEST DEFAULT SETTING. PLEASE TURN THE SOUND UP AND YOUR MUSIC DOWN! (SOUNDS ARE VERY IMPORTANT TO THE GAME!)
5. PLEASE REMOVE FACE LIGHTS, POOFERS, PARTICLE EFFECTS, HEAVILY SCRIPTED & PRIMMY OBJECTS. THE LESS TO REZ, THE BETTER FOR EVERYONE.
6. CLICK EVERYTHING YOU SEE FOR CLUES & READ ALL NOTES TO SOLVE PUZZLES & ADVANCE IN THE GAME. YOU WILL FIND PIECES OF CLUES TO GET TO LOCKED AREAS AS YOU NAVIGATE THE HUGE MANSION.
7. THERE WILL BE VERY MATURE SUBJECT MATTER & GORY VIOLENCE. CHILD AVATARS ARE WELCOME BUT ONLY WITH ADULT SUPERVISION, PERIOD
8. EXPECT LAG & ADJUST YOUR VIEWER SETTINGS APPROPRIATELY. BE CONSIDERATE OF OTHERS. PLEASE DON'T SHOUT, CHEAT OR GIVE PUZZLE ANSWERS IN OPEN CHAT.
9. THE GAME IS NOT EASY OR SHORT. UNLESS YOU CRASH, THE HUD WILL REMEMBER YOUR PROGRESS IF YOU NEED TO LEAVE & COME BACK.
10. HAVE FUN, TELL YOUR FRIENDS AND PLEASE VISIT OUR GENEROUS SPONSORS' SHOPS AFTER THE GAME!
Now for the details... DON'T PANIC was designed and is inspired by our love of Survival Horror Video Games and Classic Horror Films and is intended to scare the crap out of you. We hope you enjoy it, but there are some things that may help you enjoy it even more.
LIGHTING & SOUND:
The build was designed for Darker & Night time Windlight Settings AND a Mesh Enabled Viewer. We have set the sim windlight to what we believe is optimal for the game with shadows enabled, but we also ran through in SL Default windlight at MIDNIGHT and it looked great. Choose what works best for you. it should be dark and you should be able to see local lights for the best results.
Please Turn your Sound annd Master Volume at least 3/4 of the way up as there are many sounds you will want and need to hear and turn your Music Volume way down or off.
We have provided a GAME HUD to wear. This HUD IS NECESSARY to play and complete the game. Please wear it before leaving the front steps of the house or you will not be able to play. You may need to adjust it a bit to fit the resolution of your screen. If you need to leave and come back at any time, the hud should save your collected items. Sadly SL can be a pain sometimes and you may lose your saved items if you crash. Setting your own landmarks is encouraged in case you lose your place.
MOVING & TELEPORTING:
The Build is spread out over two sims and you will need to teleport between areas but it is worked into the game so treat it like you would a screen load, Just click Teleport when the map comes up or click inside certain doors when they open to to travel between the levels, but make sure you have checked everything in the area before you leave or you may miss valuable information, items you may need, storyline or prizes.
You and your ghost hunting team will be exploring the old Carver Mansion looking for signs of paranomal anomalies. You will need to collect 8 special items from throughout the game by performing tasks, or solving simple puzzles to advance. Some levels are short and some are longer, some have puzzles to solve and some don't. The game is very open this year and you can choose for the most part what sections of the house to do in any order. We tried to make the puzzles simple yet challenging. We found out that some players do better helping each other in groups and that is definitely encouraged!
It is in your best interest and much cooler to read everything you find on the story of "DON'T PANIC". You never know where a clue will be and to move ahead you will need all the info you can get. Notes, pictures and objects will contain clues for puzzles as well as add storyline. If something stands out to you, click it! Well just click EVERYTHING to be safe LOL
To Operate Locked Door Keypads, Solve a puzzle or find a number needed during game play, Enter the numbers by clicking them in the correct sequence on the keypad. .You will hear tones to let you know if you are correct, If not, try again! If there is a teleport exit, click the button that says TELEPORT on the map when it pops up. To use some teleports you may need to click to open the door, then click again inside the door to enter it.
We KNOW people are going to cheat but we ask that you PLEASE not give solutions to the puzzles in open chat or teleport people into the game. Hints in the Pulse Games group chat are great and appreciated. EVERYONE must start at the beginning to get their hud and instructions. Anyone found cheating or giving out puzzle answers will be banned from this and any future events so just DON'T DO IT! We mean it., seriously.
Gifts from our generous Sponsors are hidden throughout the build in RATS that look like THIS .
There are prizes hidden all over so check everywhere. You don't want to miss those. We have also set up a Souvenir & Halloween Shop at the end where you can purchase holiday themed items after you play and get LMs to all your fave shops!
We have done our best to use a minimum of textures and preloaded most of them to keep load times easy. There is GOING TO BE LAG. We have included in this package, a full body alpha layer which helps to reduce lag for everyone by hiding your avatar all together. Please remove as much of your primmage and scripted stuff as possible to make things easier on others and yourself and turn down your draw distance to the minimum. You will not need to see very far. Screaming out lag and being an ass during the game will make the experience less fun for everyone so PLEASE be considerate of other players or get yourself banned.
GENERAL GAME INFO:
This is NOT a hunt. This is a game with donated prizes hidden throughout. It is NOT meant to be run through quickly and could take over 2 hours of your time. DON'T PANIC IS NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH or easily offended. It is a VERY mature and gory game. If you don't like these things, then this game is not for you and we can give you LMs of some spooooky haunted houses with spinny alpha ghosts. This aint your momma's hayride ;)
Please tell your friends about us and share the landmark and we would love if you visit the stores of all the vendors who donated prizes or even send them thanks. They were so generous to give to this event and have our gratitude.
If you like Don't Panic and for more information and our teaser pics, please check out our Facebook page!And the game is FREE to play but we will take your tips with thanks! It helps us keep going!
Now, turn the lights down and the volume up and prepare yourselves for a classic ghostly horror experience our 8th annual Halloween Event, DON'T PANIC!
And the PULSE GAMES Team